How to Use Hostinger: Step by Step Guide – Already created an account at Hostinger but don’t know how to use Hostinger? Don’t worry, in this article, we will explain all the most important features and tools available in the Hostinger member area to help you. In addition, we will also explain a number of important topics such as domain name management to the steps to create a website.
How to Use Hostinger: Step by Step Guide 2023
Save 90% on cheap web hosting from Hostinger! Money-back guarantees within 30 days if you are not satisfied with our service.
Completing Your Purchase
At Hostinger, we ask each client to provide the information needed to register a domain name and set up hosting. Don’t worry, this process will be done in just a few minutes.
Completing hosting setup
To complete the hosting setup process, go to Home and click the Setup button next to the hosting order you want to set up. Once the new window opens, enter the requested details, then click the Setup button.
Complete the domain purchase
Like when buying hosting, you can order a domain through Home and click the Setup button next to the domain name order. The Domain Order Setup page will open, and you will need to fill in your WHOIS details there.
Completed the VPS purchase
To complete the VPS purchase process, go to Home, then click the Setup button next to the pending VPS order. Select the operating system, data center location, and enter the VPS hostname in the new window that opens. Click the Setup button once you have completed the process.
Operating the Member Area
Previously, you had to login to the Hostinger member area first. You can find the login link in the welcome email we sent. Alternatively, you can go to Hostinger and click the Login button.
The Hostinger member area is designed with the user experience in mind. So, you will definitely have no trouble accessing all the tools you need to configure your hosting account.
Through the buttons in the member area, you can quickly access other areas:
- Home – Here, you can see the most recent messages, activity logs, and active services.
- Hosting – Use this section to access, upgrade, and manage all of your hosting accounts. In this area, you can also purchase a new hosting account.
- Email – Get an email hosting service for your project here.
- Domains – In this area, you can manage all the domains registered with Hostinger. You can also register new domain names, renew existing ones, and transfer domains.
- Servers – Buy a new VPS (virtual private server) or manage your existing server.
- Website builder – From this area, you can create a website without the hassle of coding or design.
- Billing –Our billing and payment process is very easy for anyone. In this menu, you can find proof of payment, the service you purchased, and the payment method.
- Help – Get help and answers to your hosting and website questions directly from the Hostinger Team.
- Store – Enhance your website projects with the various tools and services we provide especially for you.
Updating Profile Information
There are times when you have to update the information you previously provided during registration. This action is necessary to avoid problems with billing or account access.
In the menu bar, in the right corner, you will see a circle with the letter H in it. Click the icon to see your name, email address, and other options you can choose from.
Click the My Profile button to take you to a page where you can view profile information, edit profiles, profile photos, social media links, and 2-factor authentication.
We also provide Login History, Account Activity, Notifications, and Personal Data so you can view account details easily.
Managing Your Domain
Manage all your Hostinger domains in a central, easy-to-use area.
Connecting a domain name to a hosting account
In order for visitors to access your website, you need an active domain name. You can choose from one of the two options we provide: use your own domain name registered with another provider or register a domain name through Hostinger.
If you already have an active domain name, navigate to the Hostinger nameservers. You can find the nameservers in the Hosting area.
Click Manage on the domain you want to redirect, then scroll down to the Accounts section and click Details. You’ll see the Nameservers at the top of the page, with ns1.dns-parking.com and ns2.dns-parking.com listed below it. If you can’t find it, read this tutorial on how to point your domain name to the right nameservers.
Once successful, allow DNS to process for 24 hours. You can also point the domain through the A record (IP Address). Your account’s IP address is located on the Details website.
If you choose to register a new domain name during registration, you do not need to change any DNS details as your domain name will be automatically redirected to Hostinger’s servers. At Hostinger, we always make an effort to register obsolete domains!
Creating subdomains, add-on domains, parked domains, and redirects
Hostinger lets you fully control your domain name and DNS zone. Apart from that, you can also create subdomains, parked domains, redirects, Cloudflare, and add-on domains. To do so, you can access the Hosting area and scroll down to the Domains section.
Creating an Email Account
At Hostinger, you can get an email address that uses your own domain name for free, free of charge! We also offer many premium features for all your email needs. You can access the Email menu through Hosting, then scroll down to the Email section.
- Email Accounts – create and manage all your email accounts. Here you can also find the information needed to configure the desktop email client.
- Email Forwarder – forward email from one email address to another. For example, you can forward all emails from [email protected] to [email protected].
- Catch-All Emails – creating a catch-all email address allows you to receive all important email messages without missing anything. This tool will ‘capture’ emails sent to email addresses that are typos or are no longer active.
- Auto Responder – auto-reply tool to anyone who sends you an email.
- Edit MX records – useful if you want to send and manage email accounts on other hosting or services.
- Mail Service Control – You can enable or disable various email services, such as SMTP, DKIM, and Sendmail.
Creating a New Website
You can create a new website without the hassle. Just choose one of the three powerful tools we provide to start a professional website in just a few clicks:
- With our custom Auto-Installation, it only takes you a few minutes to install popular apps like WordPress, Joomla, Moodle, etc.
- Website Import – Select a .zip , .tar , or . tar.gz files from all your website files and the archive will be extracted directly to the public_html folder.
- If you want to move your website from another hosting provider, you can do so using a website migration tool.
In addition to the options we mentioned above, you can also use code to build a website from scratch, or learn how to code, how to import a website, fix page errors, and add an SEO toolkit.
To quickly and easily manage files, use the Files section of CPanel. Here, you can use the File Manager tool or create an FTP Account. In addition, you can also manage website backup files easily.
This section is specifically for your website database management. In other words, all your website data is stored and can be accessed from here.
In addition, here you can also create and manage MySQL databases, manage users, and backup files.
The advanced settings section lets you access the DNS Zone Editor, PHP Configuration, Cron Jobs, and PHP Info.
One of the most important settings here is PHP Configuration, which is required to update the PHP configuration to the latest version to ensure the smooth running of the website.