How to Flash Oppo R7 – The Oppo R7 smartphone was officially released in 2015, This smartphone is equipped with a 5.0-inch screen with an AMOLED capacitive touchscreen type and with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1290 pixels. Because the price is very affordable, this Smartphone is much in the interest of Android Smartphone users.
Best Way to Flash Oppo R7
The Oppo R7 smartphone is an old and old-school smartphone. Naturally, if not a few of these Smartphone users experience problems such as total death (hard brick) or boot loop, forgetting the password. Of course, you can’t use a Smartphone for your various needs.
If your Oppo R7 Smartphone is experiencing one of the problems I have mentioned, the way to solve it is you need to Flash the Oppo R7 Smartphone.
Flashing is a process that will erase all data on your Smartphone. We recommend that you do a data backup first before flashing.
How to Flash Oppo R7 using SP Flash Tool
How Flash Oppo R7 requires the help of a PC / Laptop to be able to run it, because here we use Flashtool Software.
Before you do Flashing, you first need to prepare materials for Flash first as follows:
Materials for Flash Oppo R7
- Download Firmware Oppo R7
- Download SP Flash Tool
- MediaTek USB Driver Download
- Setting up the USB cable
- Setting up a PC/Laptop with the Windows operating system
- We recommend that the phone battery is at least 60%, aiming to avoid flashing failure due to running out of power
Make sure the ROM or Firmware used is in accordance with the type and type of your Smartphone.
If you have downloaded all of the above ingredients in their entirety, then you can follow the steps to Flash Oppo R7 using the following SP FlashTool:
- Disable your Oppo R7 Smartphone.
- Then Extract all the files that you downloaded earlier.
- Next, install the Mediatek USB Driver that you downloaded earlier on your PC/Laptop.
- Then open the extracted SP FlashTool folder, then look for the flash_tool.exe file, then run the flash_tool.exe file by right-clicking -> Run As Administrator.
- When SP FlashTool opens, please click on the Scatter_loading section.
- Then enter the MT6XXX_Android_scatter.txt file which is in the Firmware folder that you extracted earlier then click Open.
when File Scatter has been successfully loaded, you will see several check lines in Flashtool. In the File row, remove the checkmark on the UBOOT and PRELOADER options if your Oppo R7 Smartphone can still turn on but is stuck until the logo only (boot loop).
But if your Smartphone is completely dead (hard brick) aka it can’t turn on until the logo, then check the list of file options.
- Then select the Download Only option. Then click the green Download button.
- Then Connect the Oppo R7 Smartphone to your PC/Laptop using a USB cable.
- If your Smartphone has not been detected, please press volume up + volume down simultaneously to speed up the connection between your Smartphone and PC/Laptop.
- When the Flashing process runs normally, the progress bar at the bottom of the SP Flash Tool will have a moving color indicator, from red to yellow. So please wait for it to finish 100%.
- After Flashing Oppo R7 is complete, then there will be a notification that says Download OK.
- After the Flashing Process has been completed, please unplug the USB cable then turn on your Oppo R7 Smartphone.
- During the reboot process, it will take between 5-10 minutes. So, please just wait.
Above is an article that discusses how to Flash Oppo R7 about boot loop, hangs, totally dead (hard brick), and slow using SP FlashTool, hopefully, this article can help you.